May to December 2011
This page lists the most common genealogy conferences, cruises, and so on, in Canada and the US, and a few in the UK. If you are aware of others that are not on the list (and undoubtedly there are many more!), please use the form below to advise me and other readers of the name, date, and location of the upcoming event.
Upcoming Conferences, Cruises, etc.
- June 10-12, 2011 - Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree
For more information please see their website at http://scgsgenealogy.com
- June 13, 2011 9:00AM - June 18, 2011 5:00PM
"Come Home to New England" program
NEHGS, 99-101 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116-30
For more information or to register, click here.
- June 24-25, 2011, Colorado Family History Exposition. Embassy Suites Conference Center, Loveland, Colorado. Click here for details.
- July 26-29th, 2011, Conference on Family History and Genealogy - by Brigham Young University. Location: Provo, Utah. Click here for details.
- July 29-30, 2011, Midwest Family History Exposition. Overland Park Convention Center, Overland Park, Kansas. Click here for details.
- August 12-14th, 2011 - Annual conference of the Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe. Winnipeg, Manitoba. Click here for details.
- August 14-19, 2011 - International Conference on Jewish Genealogy. Washington, DC. Click here for details.
- September 7-10, 2011 - The Federation of Genealogical Societies. Click here for details.
- September 29, 2011 to October 8, 2011 - Legacy's annual cruise. Click here for details.
**** As of May 27, 2011, this cruise is sold out. ****
- October 7-8, 2011 - Northern California Family History Expo. San Mateo, Calfornia. Click here for details.
- October 29th, 2011 - Military Family History Expo. Salt Lake City, Utah. Click here for details.
- October 30- Nov 4th, 2011 - Family History Library Research Retreat. Salt Lake Plaza Hotel, Salt Lake City, Utah. Click here for details.
November 11-12, 2011 - Atlanta Family History Expo. Gwinnett Center, Duluth, Georgia. Click here for details.
- Nov. 15 - 20, 2011 - Wholly Genes' 7th Annual Cruise and Conference. Round trip from Fort Lauderdale to Curacao, Aruba, and other ports of call. Click the photo to obtain further information about presenters, route, etc.
Go to familyhistoryalive Home Page
Add your event to the above list
If you know of an event that isn't listed (I know there are more - I'm just getting started!) in the US, Canada, or the UK, please fill out the form below, and I will add it to the listings. If you fill in your name on the form, I will give you full credit as having provided the information (unless you specify that you'd rather it was done anonymously!)
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
is now on Facebook!
For daily updates
and the latest
in genealogy news,
as well as reminders re upcoming webinars,
Join us on Facebook!
mousepads, lapel pins,
and many other items
with a family-history theme?
Try Genealogy Today Marketplace!
You'll be glad you stopped by!
The Webinars 2011 page has been discontinued, in favour of the centralized list of webinars, found at Geneabloggers.
Webinar times are listed in Pacific time.
Heard the buzz about the new Flip-Pal scanner? See my review, here, or click on the ad, below, to go directly to their website.
Until January 30, 2012:
Planning a trip to the ancestral village - or just a vacation?
Visit my low-cost travel webpage
for links to all of your favorite travel sites, in one place!
Here's an example: